The Factories Act is a social legislation that has been enacted for occupational safety, health, and welfare of workers at work place. The State of Karnataka has formulated its rules as envisaged under the Act and they are known as The Karnataka Factories Rules, 1969.
The Act is applicable to all factories engaged in manufacturing activities, including State and Central Government, in the premises wherein:
- 10 or more workers are employed with the use of power.
- 20 or more workers are employed without the use of power.
- Less than 10 workers, if activity is notified by the State Government.
No fees for Trade License or General License from Small Scale Industries in Karnataka
- Form 2 – Application for registration and grant renewal of licence
- Form 9 – Overtime Register
- Form 11 – Register of Adult Workers
- Form 14 – Register of Leave with Wages
- Form 15 – Register of Leave with wages (Leave Book)
- Form 16 – Health Register
- Form 20 – Combined Annual Return
- Form 21 – Half Yearly Return
- Form 22 – Muster Roll cum Register of Wages
- Form 23 – Register of Accident or Dangerous Occurrence
Acts & Amendments